21 years ago (yesterday) Ailsa and I made a singular human being, who is turning out to be not only a confident handsome lady – but also an articulate and compassionate one.
Rosa submitted her story to stuff around 2am on her 21st birthday, it was published under ‘editors picks’ and it looks like it’s provoked the most discussion on stuff in the last 24 hours. Rightly. It’s a topic that I’ve brushed up against myself.
Barely 21, hitting the hard topics out of the gate and maintaining a sense of kindness throughout. We’re chuffed indeed.
Do I know anyone in the San Diego area looking for an A/V specific Project Management position? Details below:
Fluid Sound is Hiring! AV Project Manager
Essential Duties / Responsibilities / Fully Master Job Skills
• Prospective employees will need a combination of 3 to 5 years of proven experience within a professional Project Management environment and/or the Commercial Construction or Commercial Audio Visual industry
• Must have previous project management experience, from pre-planning, financial budgeting, scheduling to project closeout
• Experience and a solid understanding of the general construction processes and reviewing of construction plans, blueprints & related documents
• Strong understanding of Change Order management.
• Basic experience working with control system/dsp hardware (Crestron, AMX, BSS, Polycom, Biamp)
• Basic experience working with IT networks & an understanding of networking topologies
• Highly effective at meeting deadlines, and is very comfortable making decisions & initiating action
• Overseeing multiple projects throughout the entire project life cycle
• Working closely with client and/or client representatives to determine their preferences, manage their concerns and resolve any issues that may arise
• Coordinate and communicate with architects, consultants, general contractors and other construction trades
• Preferred Audiovisual industry specific certifications: CTS, Crestron and CEDIA
• Preferred Professional Project Management industry certification: Project+, CAPM, PMP
• Associates/Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years’ of equivalent experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office & Project
• Travel within Southern California required
• Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
Compensation & Benefits
• Competitive salary, based upon experience and very negotiable. Benefits